The following protocol governs the privilege of training on Fraser Valley Retriever Training Club grounds.
- The entrance gate on 8th Ave. should be closed behind you after you enter. The lock can be left on the fence until you leave and relock the gate.
- When driving past OTS operators, make eye contact with the machine operator prior to proceeding.
- Vehicles should be parked south of the white sign opposite the washroom. Driving onto the grounds is prohibited.
- Dogs can only be aired in the designated areas. Roadways should be cleared if your dog airs there.
- All dogs must be on leash when going in and out of the grounds to train. During training, dogs should be under control at all times.
- Training must take place between 8 am and 8 pm and discretion should be used during early morning and late evening training.
- Discretion should be used regarding the use of birds and e-collars in the case of an observer coming onto the grounds.
- Humane treatment of dogs is absolutely essential. Abusive treatment of dogs will not be tolerated.
- The grounds are to be left cleaner than you found them. This means that you clean up after yourself and pick up any other litter you see.
- Training markers should be removed immediately after use.
- Speed limit on the grounds is DEAD SLOW!
- During high fire risk, appropriate safety measures will be taken.