One of the prime objectives of the FVRTC is to ensure that amateur retriever trainers are provided with tools to build a successful partnership with their retriever that allows their dogs to be successful at either the hunt test or field trial level.
The FVRTC is a club of serious trainers. Everyone with a serious interest in retriever training & handling is welcome to join as long as they are willing to learn & attain the necessary skill sets. To facilitate this, the club provides a mentorship program to benefit less experienced handlers and holds regular training days for members looking to build a successful and competitive partnership with their retriever.
There are three categories of membership:
- regular membership is open to those individuals interested in the pursuit of training retrievers. Members of an immediate family can be included in a regular membership. A regular membership is entitled to a single vote.
- probationary membership All new members are designated probationary and assigned a mentor until they have been oriented to club rules, township expectations and training procedures
- out-of-town membership (non-voting) is open to a person who resides outside the Lower Mainland.
Membership application procedure
- Read the Bylaws, Rules and Constitution of the FVRTC and the Bylaws and Rules of the Canadian Kennel Club available by clicking on the links below.
- Complete and sign the Membership Application Form available below and email it to the FVRTC membership prime.
(note please DO NOT send payment with your application at this point in the process)
- You will be notified via email regarding the status of your application. If it is approved, payment can then be done via e-transfer. An orientation to the grounds will also be arranged.
- Our club activities are minimal during the winter months, the FVRTC membership prime will be in touch with you about the status and timing of your application.