The FVRTC is a club of serious trainers. One of the prime objectives of the FVRTC is to ensure that the amateur retriever trainers are provided with the tools that allow their dogs to be successful at either the hunt test or field trial level. Everyone with a serious interest in retriever training is welcome to join as long as they have, or are willing to attain, the skill sets necessary to advance their dog. To facilitate this, the club provides training classes together with a membership program to benefit less experienced individuals in the quest for a trained non-slip retriever.
There are three categories of membership:
- regular membership is open to those individuals interested in the pursuit of training retrievers. Members of an immediate family can be included in a regular membership. A regular membership is entitled to a single vote.
- probationary membership All new members are designated probationary and assigned a mentor until they have been oriented to club rules, township expectations and training procedures
- out-of-town membership (non-voting) is open to a person who resides outside the Lower Mainland.
Membership Application Procedure
- Read the Bylaws, Rules and Constitution of the FVRTC and the Bylaws and Rules Canadian Kennel Club available by clicking on the links below.
- Complete and sign the Membership Application Form available by clicking the link below, printing and submitting to:
(note DO NOT send a cheque with your application at this time)
Fraser Valley Retriever Training Club (FVRTC)
c/o Beverley Tecklenborg
PO Box 10064 RPO Otter Co-op
- You will be notified via email regarding the status of your application. If it is approved, a cheque will be requested at this time. An orientation to the grounds will also be arranged.
- Our club activities are minimal during the winter months, therefore an application submitted after October 31st will not be considered until our first club meeting in the spring.